Tuesday, September 05, 2006

The slow reunion

While greats of old continue passing, the New York season begins its beginning this week with some festive City Opera preliminaries. Some point soon, the metacommunity of the city's music audience will have reconstituted itself from near and far, as if it had never been dissolved. But it was -- any summer event here may as well have been in a different city altogether.

As for myself, I've not had a happy or productive summer for as long as I can remember. This one was no exception: good riddance!

But I welcome you all as you file in for the third season of An Unamplified Voice, scheduled to kick off very soon.

5 comments:

  1. Any thoughts about the Met at the movies?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It will require careful brand management.

    Ch. Rainier.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Any thoughts about the Met at the movies?

    Some, but I've been trying to put them into a longer post about the regime transition.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What does this have to do with Iraq?

    ReplyDelete
  5. What does the Met live broadcasts at movie theaters have to do with Iraq, you ask? I say chalk it up to ... "just another reason they hate us!" anonymous. As for me, I'm psyched - bring it on!

    Congrats on the upcoming kick off to your *third* year!

    ReplyDelete

Absolutely no axe-grinding, please.